Delta Montrose Electric Association
  • Montrose, CO, USA
  • $39.63 first year, $40.63 second year and there after.
  • Hourly
  • Full Time

DMEA offers an excellent benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, rx, life insurance and 401(k) retirement package, as well as many other great benefits.


Title: System Designer
Union Classification: Union
Type: Regular Full-time
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Supervisor: System Design Supervisor
Supervises: N/A
Job Location: Montrose, Colorado, USA
Department: Engineering
Date Accepted: 01/95
Date Reviewed: 03/00; 12/04; 02/12; 01/13; 02/13; 05/17


Must have a completion certificate of DMEA's System Designer Apprenticeship or company-approved equivalent.  Must have and maintain a valid Colorado Driver's License.  Must have experience working with the public.  High school graduate or equivalent required.  Must have experience in using various office machines such as personal computers, calculators, copying machines, typewriters, fax machines, telephones, transits and GPS units. 


Delta-Montrose Electric Association reserves the right to change or modify the duties and essential functions of this position at any time.

In an efficient and professional manner, and accordance with the DMEA/IBEW Labor Agreement and DMEA Accident Prevention Manual:

  1. Performs necessary system design duties for installation of new line extensions and system improvements, including preparing extension contracts, designing line extensions, obtaining rights-of-way, and preparing necessary work order documents.
  1. Answers customers' questions, provides basic member services information, and explains DMEA's Extension Policy, Electric Service Regulations and Rates.
  1. Performs necessary data entry for work order system.
  1. Responsible for training Apprentice Staking Engineers.
  1. Works with the GIS Mapping and Data Specialist, collecting and uploading the system "as-built" data using GPS field equipment.


Performs other duties of a like or lesser grade, which may be assigned.

The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job.  This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties and requirements for personnel in this position.


Knows and keeps up with changes to the National Electric Safety Code and DMEA construction specifications.

Understands and applies the concept of providing quality service to DMEA customers and employees and agrees to maintain a continuing commitment to superior people-to-people service.

Must have legible handwriting.  Must have acceptable written and oral communication skills.

Must have a working knowledge of extension policies, electric service regulations, rate tariff sheets, and basic member services information.

Requires the ability to develop plans, procedures and goals; present information to others; work cooperatively; and work under stress to complete projects accurately within reasonable deadlines.


Must be physically able to lift and carry equipment, which may include transit, tripod, stakes, etc., over uneven terrain and possibly long distances.  May be required to lift up to 50 pounds.  Balancing is done constantly while walking and standing on rough and uneven terrain.  Occasionally must stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl.  Talking in order to exchange ideas over a two-way radio, by phone, and in person to communicate with customers and employees is done frequently.

Must have ingenuity while working under adverse weather conditions, problem-solving abilities, spatial perception, speaking ability, memory, creativity, concentration, judgment, initiative, reasoning, imagination, and visual discrimination.


Regular, predictable attendance is required.  Approximately 40% of the work performed will be done indoors in an office setting.  The remaining 60% of the work performed may be done outdoors in varying temperatures and weather conditions.  Electrical hazards are present when the employee needs to check voltage, and/or open and close pad mount transformers and secondary pedestals.  Also, the employee may occasionally be involved with customer-owned electrical facilities.

Driving a company vehicle is required.  Occasional travel by company vehicle and/or commercial means may be required.

Delta Montrose Electric Association
  • Apply Now

    with our quick 3 minute Application!

  • * Fields Are Required

    What is your full name?

    How can we contact you?

    I agree to ApplicantPro's Applicant Information Use Policy.*
  • Sign Up For Job Alerts!

  • Share This Page
  • Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Email
DMEA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provider. DMEA Logo Elevate logo